Welcome to the electronic portion of UAB's Integrated Research Administration Portal (IRAP). The underlying software consists of a suite of modules developed by InfoEd Global Inc. When fully implemented these modules will support electronic submission of funding applications and compliance forms and will seamlessly connect the operations of the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), Institutional Review Board for Human Use (IRB), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), Chemical Safety Committee, Radiation Safety Committee, Conflict of Interest Review Board, and UAB Research Foundation. Other features of the system provide access to potential collaborators and automated notification of funding opportunities meeting criteria users set.
- System Requirements: The IRAP system is web-based and may be used on Macs and PCs.
- InfoEd Global, Inc. tested browsers
- Firefox 11.0 through 19.0
- Firefox 10.0.5 through 10.0.11 ESR
- Firefox 17.0 through 17.0.3 ESR
- Chrome 21.0.1180.82 through 25.0.1364.152
- Internet Explorer 8
- Internet Explorer 9
Note: The current version of IRAP/InfoEd does not support IE 10 and IE 11. If you are using Internet Explorer 10 or Internet Explorer 11 you will be unable to log into IRAP unless you set up your IE to emulate IE 8 or IE 9. Once you set this up you can log into IRAP, but please note that not all system functions may work. If you are using IE 10 or IE 11 emulating IE8/IE9 and run into any problems, log out of IRAP in IE and try Fire Fox or Chrome.
- Email Address: IRAP uses only BlazerID@uab.edu email addresses. If you do not use a BlazerID@uab.edu address as your primary email, please make sure that your BlazerID@uab.edu address is redirected to the email that you use. AskIT(AskIT@uab.edu or (205) 996-5555) will be able to walk you through this process.
- System Access: Access to the system requires your BlazerID and password. If you encounter difficulty accessing the system, please notify the Profile Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or AskIT by email or phone at (205) 996-5555.
- Help: Help is provided within modules by clicking on or hovering over (mousing over) the help icon. Personnel at the AskIT Help Desk are ready to assist you with technical problems and will direct any questions or concerns they cannot address to the appropriate module administrator.